Thursday, June 22, 2006

Randy Wolf's Rehab Update

Well, at least he got his work in. And he struck out 5. Other than that, Randy Wolf had a tough time against Erie last night, giving up 6 hits, 2 walks and 6 runs in 3.2 innings. The good thing is that it is REHAB, and thus people shouldn't dissect how his starts ended up, only how he felt during them. And Wolf is feeling better:

"Every day gets better, and it's like every start, regardless of results, I feel better and better," Wolf said. "I think the more I go out there the closer I'll feel. Right now if I went (to the big leagues) and tried to pitch I'd get hit more than I did today. It's just a matter of me going out there more and more and getting more comfortable, and that's when I'll be all right."

Maybe he'll be ready for the big league club in a couple more starts. They certainly need something. They lost 5-0 last night to the New York Yankees, even though Cole Hamels put in a pretty good outing, going 7 innings and giving up 6 hits, 3 walks and 2 runs while striking out 6. The Phillies themselves only mustered up 3 hits and 5 walks, nothing beyond a single. The Yankees used 5 pitchers for the shutout, and the Phillies could not do anything once the starter Jaret Wright left the game in the 5th inning. They were also caught on the basepaths twice(Rowand, Rollins). It was a bad end to another frustrating series that was fluttered away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home