Sunday, April 30, 2006

Colbert's Got Balls

Big brass ones. Stephen Colbert performed at the Correspondent's Dinner last night and tore it up, slamming many things about President Bush's presidency. While The Colbert Report has been written about before, this needss mentioning:

"It is my privilege to celebrate this president. Because we're not so different, he and I. We both get it. Guys like us, we're not some brainiacs on the nerd patrol. We go straight from the gut. Right, sir? That's where the truth lies, right down here in the gut. Did you know you have more nerve endings in your gut than in your head? Now I know somebody will say I did look it up and that's not true. That's because you looked it up in a book. Next time look it up in your gut. My gut tells me that's how our nervous system works."

He mentions his various beliefs, including, "I believe the government that governs best is the government that governs least and by these standards we have set up a fabulous government in Iraq. Ladies and gentlemen, believe in yogurt. I refuse to believe it's not butter. I believe in this president. I know there are some polls out there that say this man has a 32% approval rating. But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in reality. Reality, that's a well known liberal bias."

How can anyone not love this guy's humor? It's satirical, silly and thought-provoking all at the same time. Smart and stupid is a hard mix to perfect, and he's by far become the best in the biz at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home